Thursday, January 28, 2010

Posts are no fun without pictures

I am so sad to report that I have still not uploaded pictures from my camera! I am SO behind on this blogging business. I need to recommit myself. But I cannot even commit to recommitting myself at the moment, so who knows when I will officially update my blog.

The last few weeks have been crazy. It all started with a lovely visit to the ER about 2 weeks ago. I woke Andy up around midnight and told him something was not right and we needed to go to the ER. He was, lets say confused. He kept saying are you sure? Why? HUH? Finally when he really woke up I explained my wanting to go and off we went. After calling his sister to come over at 1 in the morning. Luckily she came over for us to go.

The whole way there Andy was talking about how he hates the ER and all we are going to do is wait and they won't know what is wrong and on and on. He agreed that we should go to better safe than sorry, but being woke up in the middle of the night and then staying in the ER for the rest of the night was not his idea of a great time.

We got there and you guessed it, waited. We finally got back to a room around 4:45. The doctor came back and said you look great, blood pressure is awesome, let's do some blood work to put you at ease. So that is what we did, well that along with more waiting.

The ER doc, was hilarious. He was obviously from the South due to his accent. He has big hair and face shaped as if he was a prince in some Disney film and a personality to match. He was something. Very entertaining to say the least. He asked me if I have a stressful position at work. I kind of chuckled and said, it can be. Then he asked me what I did and I told him I was a stay at home mom. I knew what the next question would be and I KNEW the reaction I would get too. So he asked. I said five. He didn't react the way most people do. He didn't act like he was passing out, or say REALLY? or say the usual flattering come back, "aren't you too young?" or are you serious?. The list goes on. So instead he instantly replies with, oh wow, my wife and I have nine. I forgot to mention this characater's of a doctor did not look that much older than us. Then I did it. I did. I reacted and replied the same way all those people do to me! I said, REALLY? NINE? Oh my goodness. {said in a there is no way anyone would ever have nine kids kind of tone} He said yep sure do. He then said at one time they had a 5 and a half, four and a half, three and a half, two and a half, one and a half and a half. They have 9 kids under 13. Now that is serious. That can get this kind of reaction. Five? Not so much!

He was really nice and told me to aim for nine if I could. Which is hilarious in itself. The blood work came back perfect. Very good numbers with everything and he tested everything under the sun. Seriously. I am was the healthiest sick person in the world. He then said take care of yourself and relax. I almost laughed out loud. I guess in leu of the Lindsay Lohans of the world who are hospitalised for exhaustion, I was right there with them. Weird, right? I always thought that was made up reason for all these young starlight's entering the hospital. He told me to get some sleep and take good care of myself. He also mentioned that their parents live with them to help out with the NannieSS are not there to help. Maybe I could rest and get some sleep if I had the Nannies...something to look into! {just kidding, I like raising my kids}

So flash forward to yesterday. I woke up knowing it was going to be a rough day. I even made that remark on my FB page. I knew I had a dermatologist appointment at 2:30 and also knew I could not take my wee ones. My mom who swooped in and saved the day again, met me there and stayed in the car to watched the previously mentioned wee ones. In the morning though Maddox and Paxton woke up not feeling the greatest. I debated taking them in only because I did not want to take them all in and then decided it would be best to take them. Luckily I could get an appointment at 3:30. I have never been in and out of my derms office in under 2 hours so I was praying for a miracle. I got to the dermatolgist and apparently they said that I had canceled. I didn't. They got me in. I was in and out in 40 minutes. This was truly a miracle. Really. That never ever happens. Maybe I should cancel every time. AND there was a spot on my nose that did not go away after being froze/burned so they had to scrape it to do a little biopsy. Fun times I tell ya. The needle was long and it hurt going in, however, it made the razor blade to the nose feel a lot better. Hopefully those results will come back fine and I did that just for fun. Here is to hoping!

I ran out to the car and we were even early for the Peds visit. The second we got there they got us in and swabbed Maddox. He was positive. He has strep. Paxton as usual had a double ear infection. Of course he did, because when doesn't he. We did get our referral for tubes though so that will be nice. They were like, since he is positive I am sure the rest of your kids are but we have to test them and you will have to sign them in and pay the copay. That was ok because at least that meant I did not have to come in today with two sick kids confirming the other two were. So we left there with four scrips and headed to the pharmacy.{Thanks schnucks for doing free antibiotics! We paid enough in co pays that day for the rest of the year!}

They all went to bed early with meds in their systems and are feeling a lot better today. Me on the other hand, not so much. Such is life though. If all I have to complain about it a sore throat I will take it.

So here's to the next few weeks being sick free and having the energy to getting my house back on schedule to how it was before this place became a sick fest!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Your ER story is hilarious! Hope you are feeling better.