Sunday, January 10, 2010

The whirlwind called The holidays have now come to an end

I finally feel like I can take a deep breath in and feel as if "normal" life has been reborn. It has been a long time since I have felt that way. Now I need to back pedal and rush around to get my house, and everything that goes along with that, back in order!

The holidays around here are SO much fun! Really they are. We are lucky enough to be the main gathering place for Andy's family. Our house is much more conducive to larger numbers and SO much easier for me. I have my kids beds here for starters and since the nights are long, that is a nice bonus. I do feel, however, that I am constantly cleaning up just to have a mess again and then cleaning up again just to have a mess again. It really never ends. I also felt like I was constantly coming up with new food ideas and something that is not too messy or costly, but that is still fun and good. Oh man, I am getting a little anxious just thinking about all that again!

Anyway, last night we celebrated Maddox's birthday with my family so now we are officially done with parties and get togethers. I always kind of feel bad for the poor kid kind of having a after the moment birthday, so I try to go all out for his day as much as the other kiddos. It is exhausting coming right off the holiday shuffle, but I managed it. Now that it is all done, I feel like I can get back to my life. The gym, preschool, cleaning my house more regularly, organizing more, healthier meals, less junk, errands ran and bills paid...you know the usual. It is kind of good actually, it gets me excited to just have my plain life back.

Speaking of my life, the other night Andy and I took just Maddox out for his birthday {more on that later} and I was telling him about a personal prayer I was saying the other night. It caught me off guard when I was done with my prayer, because I am just so happy. Yes times are crazy. All these little kids can get crazy and that is an understatement, but there is no other place I would rather be, no other time I would rather be in my life, no other children or husband that could possibly be better for me. I just feel so very blessed. It is a good place to be!

On to other important things, I am rather backed up on my blog and it is bugging me. I need to focus and get to all of these items of business...
The twins party
Bennett's class party
Our company party
Lot's of family in town
Christmas and all the festivities
Brandon's kids with my kids
New Years Eve
Maddox turns 3
Nicole gets her mission call
and I am sure there are more that are keeping me behind not to mention I am still behind on Disney and Hawaii! GASP!

I am excited for this new year. I think it will be good. So much growth and so much to learn. I am just enjoying every minute of it. I wish, as I have said before, I could just push the pause button on my children because this moment in time and their ages just could not be any better! So here is to slowing down and little bit more and taking in all these glorious moments!
Happy 2010!

No comments: