Wednesday, December 31, 2008

From one year to the next

I am not sure how it is the end of the year already. It is hard to believe that 365 days have passed since the last year at this time. It is always kind of weird to me that from one day to the next we have changed years. One moment it is 2008 and the very next moment is 2009.

Last year on New Years Eve we were all in bed early. We were all VERY sick and we just kept passing it around to each other. It was miserable. The year before we were in Chicago just our little family. We just had gotten back in town that day from being with family. We rang in the New Year together and made candy cane popcorn. It was so fun. Just us. It has since been one of my most favorite New Years Eve.

This year we are having a little family party. Lots of snacks and treats. Lots of games and lots of fun. Our grub for the night...
PW Queso Dip
Bufallo Chicken Dip
Bacon Cup Thingy's
Little Weinies
Chips and Salsa and Guac
Veggies and dip
Rye Bread and dill dip
Fruit Pizza
BTS cake
and a Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue with Fruit, Marshmallows and cake {We are going to try out chocolate fountain out tonight! We have only had it for 3 years!}

I absolutely loved 2008. Although I was sick for most of it due to a rather interesting pregnancy, I still loved it. Each year we have had as a couple has just gotten better and better. 2008 was a year of great family time, stable job, making our house and home, having a sweet baby, learning and growing together and constantly on the move.

I have great hopes for 2009. I have hopes for a healthy family {no pregnancy here}, continued growth for us all physically, mentally and spiritually. I have great hopes to loose my mommy tummy as well as 30 pounds. I have hopes of reading my scriptures more and by my birthday. I have hopes for being to actually being able to say no to things. To have enriching family nights. To teach my children the important things. To have fun with our children. Oh, and the list goes on and on. And I hope I can finally download some pictures to post on here and catch up on my blogging!

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Years Eve and that whatever goals and resolutions you may make this year you will be able to accomplish them and beyond!

No comments: