Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Got Thanks?

THANKSGIVING AND THE SANTA CLAUS DAY PARADE!
The kids waiting for the food to be ready watching the Macy's Day Parade!

Thanksgiving day craft.
Preparing the table with my great grandmothers china.
Place settings.
The kids waiting patiently!
Look at these smiles. I think they were more than ready to eat Thanksgiving dinner.

One family shot before the eating began.

Michelle and I made five pies the night before. I wish I would have gotten picture of all of them. Picture and French silk, pumpkin, and two peanut butter chocolate pies.
Jadeyn at my moms admiring her beautiful tree.

Scoping the adds. Our tradition after we eat.

The day after at the Santa Claus Parade.

There he is! Cortland call everything related to the Christmas season Christmas. So as Santa was passing by he said "Hey Christmas, will you bring me a toy?" SO cute. We had such a great Thanksgiving this year. Marc and Michelle and the girls came over Wednesday night and Michelle and I made the pies and got everything else prepared. I roasted the turkey the day before too and it turned out wonderfully. My mouth is watering thinking about it right now.
We woke up early and got started on the sweet yams, green bean casserole, festive fruit jello salad, homemade croissants, amazing stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, heated up the turkey and ready we were. The kids did such a great job waiting all morning while watching the parade. We ate around 1. We were sure not to over eat because we were then headed down to be with my family for dinner at 5. We scored two great meals that day. It was such a great day. We came home that night and played games with Marc and Michelle they ended up staying till Saturday. We had a lot of fun with them. Then Saturday we got up all of our Christmas stuff and then our dear friends Ben and Jamie and their darling kiddos came and stayed the night with us. We love them so much and only wish our visits were longer, although even if we got two weeks with them we probably would want more! We had a great week to be very thankful for so many wonderful blessings!

No comments: