Sunday, December 20, 2009

J and C turn FOUR

What a fun celebration we had for these couple of four year olds? Is that possible??? When Bennett turned four, which by the way seems like sometime last week, he seemed so old and now that my twins are four it seems so young? It is weird like that, but anyway...
We had several celebrations. The weekend before we celebrated with my family having them over for some snacks and cake and ice cream. They were so excited for their princess and the pirate party. They even wore their dress up's for the occasion. They are just adorable if I do say so myself.
Opening their gifts and they were so so excited!

Some of the party guests.

The cakes. Oh the cakes. I am not a cake maker or decorator or whatever you want to call it. I am not good at it, I do not like doing it and it just makes me anxious, but for some reason every year, six times a year, I get this great idea for a cake and think it will be different this time and it never is. I am never satisfied. Oh well. The kids love it and not even half way through the party you cut into it anyway, so who cares, right?



The guys below were putting everything together. I asked them if they would come Christmas morning. :)
Then the day of their birthday along with making a big deal about the whole day itself, we went to monkey joes that evening and out to dinner. It was a really fun time for everyone.

This picture just melts my heart. This is the exact reason why I wanted a house full of kids. I love that they are all best friends. They need no one else but each other. Tender.



Then the Monday after their birthday we celebrated with Andy's family which was extra fun because Brandon's family was here to help us celebrate! The only down side that night was Jadeyn was not feeling it. Poor girl she was not feeling well and just laid on the couch the whole night. She was so sad and kept saying "I want to feel better to like my party". Poor thing. It was still fun though and we all had a great time. That is one only good thing about a holiday birthday is that more family are in town generally and here to help celebrate.

No comments: