Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One of THOSE days

Do you ever have one of those days where you really start to wonder if you are cut out for the "job" you have? Today is one of those days for me. I have actually had quite a few of them lately.



Three little ones at this stage of the game can be quite hard at times. I can say most times are great, then there are a few where I seriously think, can I handle this?



I tell ya my hardest time is around 4:00 in the afternoon. It can get tricky. This is the time where the three little ones are getting up from their nap, Bennett is getting home from school and I have realized how neglected my house has been till that point and panic to get it back in order. THEN the dinner question hits. I love to cook. I love it. But there is a whole new aspect to dinnertime when it needs to be done before Andy gets here and their are four little "helpers" that need me at all times apparently. It can be draining at times.



I think one of the things that is really hard for me right now is always knowing when times are tough that, soon there will be another little one around to occupy my time and when or how will it be possible for me to get anything done? This is a question that boggles my mind often.



I have decided in my perfect world, I would have a "helper" at my house from 4-6 Monday-Thursday to literally help me out. Unfortunately this does not fit into my budget at the moment, but if it did I would be there and I honestly think my stress level would go WAY down.



I am learning a lot from this though. I have learned that my world is not and cannot be perfect. The house can not be perfectly clean, a yummy organic tasty meal will not always be made, my children at times will be seen in just a diaper and a shirt, the noise level will not always be at the point I would like and although my life is NOT perfect I sure do think that the five people I am currently living with are. I am a lucky lady. I recognise this and I am grateful for this, but I think I am allowed to scream "Calgon take me away" once in a while. Right?

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Amen. I have thought... no, DREAMED about a dinner-time helper too... she would stay and help with bedtime too. :)