Sunday, November 23, 2008

Friends part II

I could go on and on about friends, but I only have a week so I have to be selective. I wish I could talk about my awesome friends from high school or my sweet friends from Provo, that we still miss and we haven't lived there for 9 years. I wish I could also talk about all my amazing friends in Chicago. There are SO many!



I have a friend in Chicago that I honestly think is an angel. She would be so embarrassed if she is reading this. I will not mention her name and if you think you know her, please don't embarrass her. She is so humble and sweet. I just have to share these things for my personal sake. I want this written down to be remembered forever.



I don't even know where to start. I am seriously tearing up thinking about where to start. My friend is amazing. She is so smart and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She is so caring and comforting. I am so lucky to call her friend. There are so many things that she has done for our family that I couldn't even name them all, but I will share some special moments around the time Maddox was born.



So we were poor little dental school kids expecting our fourth surprise child. I was stressed. She always knew what to say to make me feel so grateful and lucky. Right before I was going to have Maddox I was so stressed out who to leave the three kids with while I had him. I didn't want to stress anyone out. She offered to keep them and it was so comforting. I was so grateful. I have a hard time asking anyone to watch so many children especially 12 month old twins. I felt so comfortable having her watch them. We dropped them off and I didn't think about them once after that. Normally I am so nervous to leave them that I would just worry myself sick and she is that kind of person where you just don't worry, she is that awesome.



I had Maddox and we all got home. The next day she knocks on our door and brings in hundreds of groceries. I am talking anything and everything. And fun things that being in dental school we wouldn't buy. Things that are prepared that you just warm up type of things. Diapers like you would not believe and formula. That was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for us.



Now let me say that our fridge and freezer was FULL. So full it would not close almost. Putting the groceries away just made me cry. I could not believe that anyone could be so generous. She had no clue that just a few hours before Andy and I were in our room discussing the fact that our loan for that semester had not come in and wouldn't for another week or so. We had to call our landlord upstairs and tell him and he was ok with that, but here we had a growing family with 4 children and no food or diapers. I said a prayer and was instantly comforted. We said many prayers in dental school for financial reasons and many times I still felt so stressed by our situation and that time I didn't. Literally minutes later she came knocking on our door. So not only is she just the sweetest person ever, but how in tune is she.



We ate that food for months. I even kept one of the freezer items in the freezer so every time I opened the freezer I would remember their generosity and would myself feel the importance of giving. That freezer item made the move with us and is in our freezer now too. I am always inspired by it.



That family has taught us so much. I hope to be like them one day. My favorite song is because I have been given much I too much give. I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see. I am so grateful for their example and "gifts". I will always remember them for so many reasons and each time I give I know that I learned from them.



One more thing I want to mention. One time they had a party at a restaurant in Chicago and hired babysitting for us. It was such great food and so much fun for us to have a little night out, which we never did. And for Andy's graduation we went to the most amazing restaurant ever. It was the best food I have ever eaten at the nicest restaurant we will EVER go to. They again hired babysitting for us and it was such a special night. It goes down in the books for being one of the best nights of our lives. It was amazing. I still smile every time I think of it and was just talking about it when we went out with my family this past weekend. It makes me giddy thinking about it.



Thanks you guys if you are reading this. Seriously we are so grateful for all the things you have done for our family. You have always been in our prayers. We are so thankful for people like you making the world a better place and it is a better place because your family is in it.

No comments: