Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The REAL Mccoy...

Ok so here it is. I have been thinking about posting something like this for a while now and my rather inspiring friend Janet led the way. I feel the same way she does. In fact I told her I should just copy and paste hers because mine would be so similar.

Sometimes I think wow, so and so is so amazing I need to step it up a bit and then I quickly remind myself I am not into the comparing myself to others game.

I wanted to share 5 of my not so great qualities about myself...we are all human right?

1. Although I love a clean house and love to clean generally you will find cheerios and other more than day old food on my floor. My bathrooms are always in need of TLC and laundry is my enemy.

2. I have a serious fear of disappointing people. I hate to think I am making someone feel bad or sad. This is a serious problem. I need to get better about being honest with people and how I feel. I will go all out in fear of hurting someones feelings even if it hurts me or my family in some way. I am not necessarily a people pleaser, but I do worry too much about offending anyone. I rarely stick up for myself or voice my personal opinion.

3. I am normally in black stretch pants and a gap t shirt all day everyday. I lounge around in this attire most days. I rarely put on make up unless I am going to church or out some where other than running errands. It is not a pretty sight. I do manage to brush my teeth and put on deodorant, but that is about the extent of my prepping for the day.

4. I am always thinking about how sad it is that my babies are growing up so fast. I cannot get over Bennett already being so old. It makes me sad to think of him not being my little boy. I think I need to just not think about it.

5. I am not good at feeding my family. I am good for breakfast and sometimes lunch, but dinner always gets me. It is normally about time when Andy should be home and I open the fridge and pray something will just jump right out at me and most times it does not.

I know I could go on and on and on and on, but I won't bore you for much longer. So now we all know some of what I consider weaknesses. I do attempt everyday to make myself a better me a better mom a better wife and although I often fail at some of my goals one success is knowing that some of my weaknesses are what makes me me and I am ok with that.

6. I had to add this one. I am totally and completely incapable of making a decision. I am so indecisive it is not funny. I will sit on the fence about anything and everything and it is pretty annoying. I told Andy when we got married he better be ready to make all the decisions because I am not good at doing that. I mean, I cannot even decide where to go for dinner or what to wear. We have been in our home for 2 months now and I am still nervous as to where to hang things up in fear I won't like it! I wish there was a pill for this...

2 comments:

janet said...

great list, Terica! I knew we were meant to be friends! Gotta love the black stretch pants.. it's all about comfortable. and love the part about food jumping out of the fridge... maybe it's part of lack of decision making problem.. hm. I made a very simple menu for the week.. Monday, Pasta.. Tues chicken and rice (including stir fry, ect.) and it helps a little, although I need to be much better.

It's good to know we all have our strengths and weaknesses!!

pam said...

You are two funny and I love you all the more for it.