Monday, November 5, 2007

rededication

i am not sure if this happens to everyone or anyone, maybe just me, but it seems like about every 6 months or so, i feel like i need to step back for a minute and reevaluate my life. how i mother my children, how i am as a wife, how i am doing spiritually, as a homemaker, a daughter, a sister, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and on and on and on. sometimes i feel like i doing alright and need just a fine tuner then other times i feel like where did i go wrong! i like the moments where i can rededicate my life to keep the things that are important to me important. line up my priorities. cut out the unimportant. i love organizing my life.

i know i am doing my best. i am happy where i am in my life. i love my life. sometimes i feel like i am just too lucky to have the life i have. i am grateful for the moments where i have time to reflect on how i am doing and if i am doing and becoming the person i want to be for my children, for my husband, family and most importantly me. i know i can be better. andy totally gets it and yet he just keeps saying, there is nothing you can do to be better. man i love that man. but yet, sometimes i do step back and wonder, am i the person i have always wanted to be? and i think i can say yes. i am. i am a person who is not only trying, but doing and that is my best.

*whoa, i just totally got serious all of a sudden...
*to lighten it all up a bit, i found this new website and i love it!http://www.tangledandtrue.com/

2 comments:

Paige said...

I get that way all the time. Then I am good at rededicating for about two days until life gets in the way. :) You go, girl!

janet said...

I do that all the time, but I am not as good as I should be about actually making the change. I wish I had your organization skills... I still remember all your little labeled plastic containers and I need to do better! How do you balance everything with so many little ones?

oh- and I totally feel you about always wanting a baby. As soon as they are crawling I want another one that is tiny and floppy.