Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gratitude

I am sitting here after a yummy Sunday dinner of pork loin, mashed potatoes, carrots, grapes and delish rolls and a "spooky" drink, thinking how grateful I am for the life I have. I love Sundays, I love that we leave the "outside" world outside. We just focus on our family. We enjoy church in the morning and then enjoy each other the rest of the day. I am grateful for these days. I like that they are a little different from the rest of the week.



Sitting on the couch listening to my sometimes louder than I would like children, watching them enjoy one anothers company, noticing my sweet husband taking in all the craziness, makes me giddy. I love my life.



This morning church as we walked in 2 minutes late, something I detest and never accept, we sat near the back with all these small children following our lead, I wondered how this hour would turn out. By the end of that hour would I be stressed out, would I wonder how it will ever be done, will I wish I wouldn't have even come? I was thinking that and as we sat, I realized after that hour that is one more hour that I have lost. One more hour they are older and closer to not even going to church with me. I need to enjoy the every moment I have. I intend to do that.

I am grateful for so many things in my life, for my family, my children, my extended family, my family I married into, our health, our home, our vehicles, our job, our everyday little things that make life easier and more convenient, ie, computer, cameras, phones...

This is the life. The life that I feel lucky to have and really "lucky" to in fact know that I am lucky.

No comments: