Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Delish

I made such a great dinner last night and I had to share! Enjoy!

First let's just say that crock pot meals are really my best friends, because since I am a girl who likes to plan ahead I love that by noon the dinner is already on it's way to being done and yum! This meal was SUPER easy and SO good!

In a crock pot set on low add:
4-5chicken breasts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 fresh salsa
1 Tablespoon Cumin
6 ounces sprite
Add all and mix together. Bake for 5 hours. Shred chicken and keep warm till ready to use.

We made them into taco salads. I made taco salad bowls and added lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, the chicken and tortilla strips I just baked in the oven. SO good.

If you want it a little spicy use medium or hot salsa. We used mild. If you don't like sweet things don't use the whole 1/2 brown sugar. You can use whatever white soda and if you want to use diet that will work too. You could use the chicken and make it into tacos, or enchiladas, or nachos or burritos, which ever your little heart desires!

The best part of the meal to me was the recipe I found for Cafe Rios cilantro dressing! This stuff is SO UNBELIEVABLY good, but really really bad for you! But SO worth it. So we topped our salads with the dressing. We all loved it every single one of us devoured it! However, if you did not want to make this ranch would work perfectly.

The cilantro recipe
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (dry mix)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2- 1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/2 - 1 small jalapeno (remove seed)
1 cup mayo
1 tsp. lime juice
1-2 tomatillos (remove outer papery skin)
1 garlic clove
Blend all ingredients in blender!

See pretty easy, but pretty fattening. The only bad thing about this recipe is that is calls for items that I don't normally have in "stock". It is worth it to make an extra grocery trip though. You will not be sorry!

Stay tuned for more recipes to come. I have decided that I need to step up my menus and make things that are new to us!

1 comment:

Sariah English said...

How and earth did you find the recipie for the Cafe Rio dressing?!?! I love that stuff. I am a little sad it is so bad for you. Rats. As for the the chicken, does it taste really sweet? Or is it like the cafe rio chicken? I think I just might have to try this!