Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mitten Girl


My poor little girl. She has a problem and she knows it. Isn't that the first step is admitting you have a problem? If only there was a support group for this little one. You know a 12 step program!

When we got her 12 inches cut off in January the TWIRLING stopped for a while, then a about a month ago it came back with a vengeance. It is so sad. She hardly has any hair on her left side. It is funny I have to do a come over sometimes. People out and about always comment on how cute her hair is! If they only knew!

One day I had the brilliant idea of doing a mitten on her hair to she would not twirl. I thought of tape but new that would just come off. The mitten idea worked. When she gets tired and knows she is about to start twirling she comes to me and ask me for her mitten. When she is laying down and starts to twirl she just holds up her arm so I can put the mitten on. It is really quite sad that she fully knows the has a big problem.

Luckily she is as cute as can be with a full head of hair or just half a head of hair!

No comments: