Monday, September 28, 2009

A year ago today

A year ago today was a very special day for us. After a long 11 days, that felt more like 11 months, we brought our precious baby boy home. Our fifth child joined our household. It was such a special day. The other children finally realized that he was ours and would be joining us forever. It became real to them and even to us. The other night I was staring at five pictures that hang just beside my bed and I remember the one night I came home to sleep during those 11 days that soon there would be five pictures frames instead of the four that hung there at the time. It seemed impossible since I do not take those pictures until about a year of age.
I just wanted to get him home, definitely not think of him a year from then.
And now here we are a year later. His picture is hung and he is a vital role in this family.
Without him we would not be complete.
Those 11 days were sure a whirlwind. For the most part I knew it was all a matter of time, he would get healthy and we would be on our way, but there were some times that I would just break down. I couldn't handle another minute in there. Not one more second. We kept getting the, "he should be able to go home within 24 hours" spiel a lot and it never happened. So obviously something was not right. I have to say though there was not one minute that we were in the hospital that I did not feel my Heavenly Father near me and Paxton. I knew the Lord had a hand in it. I knew on His time our baby would become better and we would then be on our way. How grateful was I for the peace and comfort the whole time we were in there. I missed my other children terribly and my husband. I still tear up every time I think how much mom and dad helped out and my sister in law Michelle. Without them those 11 days would not have just been hard, but seriously impossible to complete. I am tearing up right now just thinking about the selfless love they showed me, Paxton and our family.
I am so grateful for the love that was shown that entire time.

Miracles do happen. I am confident I know who is providing those miracles and am grateful for my darling little miracle. Life could not be better with him in it.

No comments: